After taking our birth classes you will walk away:
• With a confident Birth Partner who is familiar with birth and knows how to support you
• With a sense of trust in your body and what it is capable of
• A clear understanding of Physiological Birth and what you can do before and during labour to encourage a normal, healthy birth
• Knowing your options (whether you are birthing at home, birth center or hospital) in Birth and how to navigate interventions
• A Birth Plan that you can provide your health providers to help communicate your wishes and preferences regarding care during labour
• Tools for Coping with Labour Pain and Strategies for Labour Progression
In our comprehensive birth class series we will cover:
• The Mind/Body Connection
•Mindfulness and Pain Perception
•Stages and Phases of Labour
•Breathing, Relaxation and Coping Strategies
•Birth and Body Confidence
•Navigating Your Options & Medical Interventions
•Birth and Postpartum Planning
•Breastfeeding and Newborn Care
Jennifer of Roots and Wings Doula Service is a mom of 5 children. She is passionate about pregnancy and birth and helping moms during the postpartum period. She has completed her doula training through MACFE as well as attended the Spinning Babies workshop. Jennifer’s vision is to remove fear from the birth space through educating families on birth and postpartum so they can be confident in their choices and feel empowered.
Lori of Gaia Mama Wellness is a mom of two young children (4 and 1.5), and has worked with hundreds of families as a Massage Therapist specializing in Prenatal/Postpartum Massage and Reflexology. In addition, she works as a doula to support couples during pregnancy, labour and early postpartum. She is passionate about empowering women to trust their bodies, the birthing process and their intuition to give birth in the ways that feel right for them. Her vision is to help more women have satisfying birth experiences where they feel supported, nurtured and confident.
"Everything was very well explained, It was all very inspiring!"
The workshop on pain medications and comfort techniques was very